Friday, December 7, 2012

DIY~ Holiday Wreath




My DIY Christmas Wreath this year!  It's a new tradition my Aunts and I started last year and I love it.  I thought I share the "How to",  it's not as difficult as you may think!
  We head out and collect the greens such as, evergreen, holly, princess pine, cedar or whatever you fancy will do.  We use a wreath ring or a large metal hanger both work well however, the wreath ring is a little easier to work with.  You will also need good string, scissors and some holiday music is always welcomed to get you in the spirit!

 
Simply pull a large metal hanger in a circular shape, the best you can.  It will look round, even if it's not perfect once greens are added, so don't fret about the shape. Then tie a long string to the top, at the hook area, pull together a hand full of the greens
 (@ 3-5 branches, 6"-9" tall) largest on bottom and lay them on the wire.  Next wrap the string tightly around the bottom of your bundle about three times around.  Then grab the next bundle and keep going!
 
 
We lined our table with newspaper for easy clean up, &
I'm so glad we did!
 
Found this image on line,
 great example of adding the bundles, tie and repeat.
 
 
 
My wreath last year
 
Also love making decorative swags, so easy!  I often have left over greens so I always make a few swags for myself and some to give away, love the different shape, it's a great look!
 
 
 
 
Swag how to; start by taking large pieces of greenery, biggest on bottom and layer by size, tie end of twigs tightly and lastly add your favorite bow ~ so so simple!
 
 
 
Happy Decorating!
 
 
~Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment