Friday, September 27, 2013

Foodie Friday~

What I've been cooking lately...

Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
I made this dish for a family party, it was a big hit!! 
Easy, healthy, & yummy! 



Italian calzone

My first time making a calzone and it was easier then I thought!  I used pizza dough, provolone cheese, smoked ham, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and on half I added roasted red peppers and on the other half banana pepper rings for a little kick. 
A great party app! 

My Veggie soup

With the cooler temps, I always crave soup!  Also with some family members who got hit with a mean cold recently, I decided to make a big batch of my favorite veggie soup.  
I could eat this everyday & it's guilt free!!

My recipe~

4 soups low sodium chicken broth or veg broth
1- 14.5 oz. can low sodium tomato soup
1-14.5 oz can diced Italian tomatoes
1 can diced mushrooms
1 16oz bag mixed frozen veggies (peas/carrots/ green bean)
1 large white onion
2 ribs celery
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon flax seed
dash salt & pepper
saute chopped celery, onion, garlic in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil until soft
then add remaining ingredients,
bring to boil, then simmer covered for @ 20 min.
I always add crushed red pepper flakes to my bowl :)

Enjoy!

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment