Monday, October 15, 2012

Inspiring Designer~ Nate Berkus





I've been a huge fan of  Nate Berkus ever since I saw his cute face on The Oprah show many years ago! I loved his first book,  "Home Rules" and I'm so looking forward to his second book, "The Things That Matter"!  His design aesthetic is very similar to mine and I'm always inspired by his work.  I love the images of  his newly renovated Manhattan apartment shown in this months, "Architectural Digest".  His place wowed me, as I knew it would but what really excited me was the amazing chevron wooden floors, curved staircase, metal doors he designed, and the carrera marble kitchen island-love, love!!


New Book out Oct, 16th




Also mark your calendars, Nate's home decor line will be launching at Target on Oct.21st!  With over 150 home accent items, I can't wait!  I also feel a home truly represents you when the items in it have a meaning to you and tell a story, not just look pretty or whats "in" currently- I need to love each piece! 
 


 
The special pieces I have in my home have been given or made by loved ones and are what makes me feel most at peace at home. The end tables in my living room were built by my great grandfather and a painting in my bedroom is by my talented Meme'.  I was lucky to have been left many good quality pieces from the previous homeowners, a bar tray stand, metal patio set, pair of Louis style wood/ fabric tufted side chairs and a large tufted accent chair - (will post about soon, need advise on reupholstering) the Greene's truly had good taste!
 
What make your home special to you?!
 
 
 
**Don't forget to enter October's Giveaway, only one week left till someone will be Pretty in Pink!  Oct.1st post, winner chosen on Oct.22- Good Luck!!**
~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment