Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekend Retreat~

I recently headed to beautiful Meredith, New Hampshire to The Mills Inn and Spa at Church Landing for a fun girls weekend.  It couldn't have been a better spot for rest and relaxation!  The weekend consisted of lots of laughs, a hiking adventure, and an amazing massage at the Cascade spa!  The views of lake Winnipesaukee and the mountains beyond were picturesque!


The hotel interior is so cozy yet rustic, from the charming accented birch trees that can be seen all over the hotel / to the stone fireplaces that are always roaring throughout the lobby, sitting ares and restaurant/ all give you that homey feel

 

Each room has a fireplace and boasting lake & mountain views, what's not to love!

view from my room
 
 




I highly recommend staying there, it was so peaceful! It's only a couple hours north of Boston, MA & just enough for me to feel like I got away.  The staff couldn't have been nicer and the food was delicious, be sure to try Lago for dinner, it has a cool cabin vibe and  the Lakehouse Grill for brunch &/or dinner.  I would go back any time however, this time of year was especially nice 
without any crowds, even with the three weddings that were going on the three days we were there.  In the spring and summer they have many water activities from kayaking, paddle boarding, and boating.  Also close by was a zipline and ropes course that looked amazing, the kid in me so wished they were open!  The winter would be beautiful as well, it's near Gunstock Mountain Resort for skiing or ice skating, a win win any time of year!  Be sure to check out their web site The Inn and Spa at Mills Falls!!

Pumpkin Martini

 Thanks Kristin for introducing me to my newest pumpkin crush!

Recipe:
equal parts-
Vanilla Vodka
Pumpkin Liquor
Baileys
Carmel on rim with cinnamon & sugar
YUM!!


I'm ready to plan the next trip!!
Any good ideas?  Where are your favorite getaways?

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment