Monday, March 4, 2013

DIY~ Burlap Frame

 I'm so happy to see the sun out today and temps expected to go up, I feel my spring cleaning fever kicking in!  I have a long list to tackle, many DIY projects to share with you all.  Here is one I completed a few months ago, I made a plain white frame pop with some burlap fabric for a nice contrast.  So easy and I have a new burlap obsession- it's texture, natural, and versatile!
Frame Before


I headed to the fabric store for the burlap and picked up "Duck" permanent mounting tabs


simply cut fabric a 1/2 inch larger then the frame mat, cut into each of the mat corners, add tabs and fold tight. That's it!
I hung it behind my vanity, love how it pulls in the color of the bath mat and roman shade!
After, sorry for the glare :(
Not feeling crafty & love the look, check out Pottery Barn, many sizes to choose from!

Pottery Barn
On another note, I went to a dueling piano bar with some friends, we had a great time!  If there is one near you and you love music-Go!  I highly recommend!!   Do anything fun last weekend?

Happy Monday!
~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment