Friday, September 28, 2012

Belle Domain

 


                 Tomorrow is my home's 2 Anniversary, with Me! 
I've been a happy homeowner to my first abode the last two years!!  Some may nicely say, I'm a picky girl (I like to say detailed), it's a process finding the right house, as it should be.  Also as someone who works in residential design and real estate this was especially difficult, I wanted the best (the tight budget allowed)!  The road was a challenging one, with ups and downs.  The upsetting news when the cute condo fell through, to the numerous offers and price drops that finally led me to my sweet home.  I always say, "everything happens for a reason"! 

So I seriously stalked the cute ranch on a nice street for weeks, wouldn't you agree?



Well it was the ugliest house on the street but that's the best part!  I was able to make the changes I wanted and see the ugly, over grown house with great bones become a cute, home sweet home! 

Happily after about two months of renovating (I loved every minute of it) my two bathrooms, painting each room, refinishing hardwood floors, and the not so exciting & most costly- a new furnace, new electrical box and giving the kitchen, I like to say- "face lift", it was move in time! Oh and lots of yard work!!

A glimpse at some before and afters, so far;

Small Bathroom~
I seriously thought about keeping Tiffany blue toilet

All New
 
Main Bathroom~
 

  Bathroom before- nasty

New paint on walls and tile- yes it can be done,
floor, vanity, toilet, hardware and lighting
Living Room~
Living Room Before, hardwood floors a awesome surprise!
 
Living room After

Kitchen~
 
 
very dark, old kitchen before
 

Kitchen face lift = new door to garage, flooring,
paint, hardware, stainless appliances, and lighting


Exterior Changes~






Major Tree Trimming
                                                          three large trees removed


This summers project, New Patio~

 Patio and garden to the left!



House to be painted a grey/green- Of course!


It was all possible thanks to the generous time/energy of my amazing Dad, talented Uncle, always helping Mom, Aunts and friends, I'm so grateful!!  It's still a work in progress, the new kitchen and basement remodel are two huge projects I look forward to someday! 

Hopefully more professional pictures to come!


~LIZ

all images by Belle Design

No comments:

Post a Comment