Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dumpster Diving

Well not me exactly, the germ freak in me- would never! I found this amazing coffee table on top of a full dumpster, in my friends neighbors driveway. Score!!!
 
 
 
 

We asked if it would be ok to have, he didn't mind, his friend wanted to get ride of it.  He was nice enough to carry it to my friends house.  As he walks over with it on his shoulders he says, " this is a really nice table you know, it's very heavy, solid mahogany, hope your not going to paint it".  My thoughts, "oh no, this guy is going to realizing how sweet this is and watch him want to keep it!".  Luckily that didn't happen. 

My original plan was to paint it, I was thinking an off white tone, for my future basement make over.  However, I love the classic current look so I've decided to keep it the dark stain- so I'll clean, sand, stain and add a glass top, can't wait!  I love the antique Asian style, so excited to enjoy it in my family room soon!! 

love this antique yellow painted style


Have you ever refinished an old piece of furniture?  How did it come out?  Would love to hear any good techniques you may have!

Stay tuned for the finished product :)

~Liz

images via Belle Design, House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment