Monday, September 17, 2012

Wall Decor


                          DIY, Wall Decor


I recently completed a home project in my dining room/ hallway area and I'm so happy to cross it off my list!  I've been remodeling and decorating my home for the last two years and it's been a blast!!  I always knew I'd have an accent wall in my house either using a bold wallpaper or a unique stencil pattern, finding a style I wouldn't get sick of was the question!

I just happened to come across this great painted wallpaper template by, Jones Design Company and decided this was it!! I followed the tutorial and here is the finished product!  I chose a spot I would see everyday, the hallway which opens up to my dining area, it was perfect! It's a small wall which I liked so the pattern would be a nice pop without being too busy.
wall prior
I went w/ a metallic marker to give the contrast
 
 
                                    The finished product! 
 
Its a little imperfect but that's what I like best!!  The main wall paint is Benjamin Moore, Barely Beige, I first started with the same paint color but in a high gloss hoping to define the pattern but I didn't feel it was enough of a contrast, so I went w/ a silver metallic marker which is ok, it turned out a little darker then I hoped but, it works.
 
(sorry for the dark iphone pics)
 
 
*Next DIY project on my list is an amazing coffee table, pictures to come :)
 
 
~ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment